Thankyou for taking the time view my mutterings.




"We sit on cowslip banks, hear the birds sing, and possess ourselves in as much quietness as these silent silver streams, which we now see glide so quietly by us"











Monday 26 March 2012

Filling the gap

With the running waters now closed for the next three months for nature to hopefully do its thing (especially fill up a little), my mind is set to angle a couple of little waters that might just give me the odd pull.
Both are tree lined, secluded and look quite intimate. The coloured water should give me chance of a bite at anytime of day .
To begin with I'll just angle for bites and see what turns up, to either the float or the feeder rod. Marginal trees should hold home to a perch or maybe a tench that could fancy a juicy lobworm cocktailed with castor or maggot, while the feeder rod is intended for a full on maggot bonanza.

The not knowing really gets me excited these days, it certainly keeps the old grey matter ticking over nicely.
There could just be a nice 'stripe', 'silver' or even an old 'red eye' waiting to snaffle up one of my free offerings.
Its giving me the buzz just thinking about it so I'm off to prepare.
I'll keep you posted on my efforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment