Thankyou for taking the time view my mutterings.




"We sit on cowslip banks, hear the birds sing, and possess ourselves in as much quietness as these silent silver streams, which we now see glide so quietly by us"











Sunday 11 March 2012

The end is near


As another season draws to an end my last gasp attempt to continued a coupe of days ago, as usual I was on my home water the Gt Ouse and as I sit here writing I have to hold my hands up and say that it was the worst and most uncomfortable days angling I have encountered in a long time.

All of my usual haunts were tried and to be fair the flowing water did not look to bad for a bite off something, whether it be a chub or better still a barbel.
I hung on in dire conditions, got blown to pieces, soaked through and did not really enjoy what was planned to be my last trip to the Ouse for the season.

The day went from this


To this (twice)


To this


And on a brighter note as the last picture shows, the last couple of days have been booked for my first ever trip to the river Wye in attempt of getting a bend in the rod before the flowing stuff shuts its doors for the season.
Right, I'm off to sort some bait and feeders out, I'll let you know how I get on (good,bad or otherwise).
Wishing all  that follow, a lucky last few days.






1 comment:

  1. Hi Derren
    I hope your trip to the Wye is more fruitful. The Wye Barbel certainly are on the feed, I managed a new PB a couple of days ago, I hope you have a good session, I look forward to reading about it.
    Darren

    ReplyDelete