Thankyou for taking the time view my mutterings.




"We sit on cowslip banks, hear the birds sing, and possess ourselves in as much quietness as these silent silver streams, which we now see glide so quietly by us"











Tuesday 3 January 2012

Out with a Lob on........

As I write this, the winds are blowing and the rain is lashing down, on sipping my tea i wounder if tomorrow i can tempt anything into taking the bait?

A day session to the Gt Ouse has been planned with my eldest lad Carl. The plan is to wander a nice little section that has been known to throw up the odd little gem.
Chub and perch will be the main targets, but failing that then anything that fancies a couple of juicy lobworms will suffice.
If nothing else then this rain will at least put some colour in the water. Like most waters at present they are extremely low and have been all year, a good flush through is needed as blanket weed is still gripping on to the riverbed.
 Anyway........I'm muttering on and i have the tackle to sort out.

I'll inform you as to how we get on........................

2 comments:

  1. Nice to see you blogging again Derren.
    I'm Looking forward to reading of your trips once again.

    All the best for 2012.

    Kind regards
    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck mate and i look forward to hearing how you get on.

    tight lines

    danny

    ReplyDelete