Thankyou for taking the time view my mutterings.




"We sit on cowslip banks, hear the birds sing, and possess ourselves in as much quietness as these silent silver streams, which we now see glide so quietly by us"











Tuesday 27 April 2010

A new challenge

Although I have other species on my mind at present, my mind is thinking forward to June 16th.

Myself and a couple of friends have been given the chance to angle on a thirty man syndicate stretch of the Gt Ouse in Bedfordshire.

One of the said friends has fished it in years gone by, but not for a few.

I personally have only wet a line there a couple of times in search of anything that would bite but this challenge is going to be different but also likely to get the brain ticking as the said stretch, as a lot of the Ouse (and most other running waters), has been ottered out over the last couple of years and not forgetting the 2007 floods which seems to have also pushed the fish elsewhere.

Barbel will be my main chase but also this beat holds some good chub and also some carp which are rarely fished for.

It's times like this when a new challenge excites the angler and only anglers understand my thoughts and directions. The effort and excitement that is involved every year by anglers of all experiences can't be explained to non angling types.

So with baited breath, although I'm lake fishing at present, my mind is already planning its attack for the new challenge.

And if I get one, it will be another special moment in what is an ever changing pastime that we call angling.

I'll let you know.....

No comments:

Post a Comment