Thankyou for taking the time view my mutterings.




"We sit on cowslip banks, hear the birds sing, and possess ourselves in as much quietness as these silent silver streams, which we now see glide so quietly by us"











Tuesday 23 March 2010

Planning for memories

Having not been across the water for a few years, the chance of a weeks angling has arisen through work and a generous customer.

Come the 7th of April, 2 trucks complete with a trailer and too much gear will be heading to Chapel lake, 5 hours plus from the port of Calais. Four adults and three children all set for 18 exclusive acres surrounded by woodland and hopefully some nicer weather to that we've been used to here in the UK the past few months!

Not having Carp fished since August 2009 the day came when I had to start sifting through a mountain of tackle, taking out gear that would not be needed. Now, is it just me or do we all carry 9lb of lead?!?!

A mouldy mug was retrieved from the food bag and one tube of mustard and one bottle of ketchup was lobbed directly in the biffa due to a content of fur!

Over the last couple of years I have reduced my tackle down (apart from leads) in as much as I take the same for a quick over nighter as I do for a couple of three days and really only take stuff that I intend using... even then its still too much!

So... I have two weeks of planning for me and my son, bait to be sorted, rigs to be tied, food bag to be filled, tablets for every formality that might be likely to happen, oh and two passports to remember!

My old grey matter is working overtime at present and I find that the planning and preparation for any of my angling expeditions is as enjoyable as the angling itself... it's all part of the jigsaw and learning curve that is fishing and for me that creates the buzz of success and failures of each and every session, whether it be fishing for the smaller species like roach, chub and perch or the monsters that be carp, catfish and barbel.

Anyway, enough of my mutterings... I have to get on and continue sifting through mould and look forward to the evenings sat by Le Lac, sipping red wine and filling up on crusty baguettes with good company and hoping that myself and the rest of the lads bag a few, but most of all...... catch some memories!


(Memories that I will update in three weeks time for those that might just be a little interested).

No comments:

Post a Comment